Kitchen Production Associate
Job Type: Full-time, Part-time | Salary: $10.25/hour
DROUGHT Production Associates are responsible for safely and efficiently producing some of the highest quality products in the Juice industry. Through a collaborative work environment, Production Kitchen Associates form the backbone of the company, making sure our retail outlets are stocked with a variety of consumer options.
- Performing physical activities that require considerable use of your arms and legs and moving your whole body, such as lifting, balancing, walking, stooping, and handling of materials
- Weighing, sorting, prepping, washing, and cutting organic produce
- Lifting/moving boxes of produce or bottles (up to 50 lbs.) – carts provided
- Working in cold-packing temperature facility (controlled factory setting )
- Bottling, heat sealing, and packing finished product
- Mixing by recipe (Basic math skills are required)
- Must follow strict sanitation guidelines in line with local, state and federal compliance
- Constant (67% – 100%) standing, walking, twisting and turning, pushing and pulling, repetitive hand and wrist motions, and forearm rotation
- Frequent (34% – 66%) stooping and bending, balancing, and reaching above shoulder
- Occasional (1% – 33%) squatting and climbing
- No sitting (besides authorized breaks), running, jumping, crawling/kneeling, nor driving
- The employee will be lifting (67 % – 100%) from 26 – 50 lbs above their shoulders.
- The employee will be carrying (67 % – 100%) from 26 – 50 lbs above their shoulders.
- The employee will have gross grasping, fine manipulation, and use of machinery and tools, such as knives, peelers, tumbler, pallet jack, conveyor belt, and carts
- The employee will be working in a cold environment, on uneven surfaces and be in the outdoors 1-2 hrs/ day.
Full Availability of the Following:
Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, AND Friday (5:45 am -2:00 pm, or volume). The position is part-time, ranging from full time based on seasonal workload.
Starting wage: $10.25/hr with regular reviews and raises. This is an entry-level position with opportunity for advancement.
Shifts are on average 6 – 8 hours long. Shifts will be assigned “until volume” – reasonably requiring you to stay or leave based on when daily orders/prep volume is complete. This position will require you to be on your feet for entire 8-hour shift
What We Are Looking For
- Kitchen or food prep experience is mandatory
- Efficiency and strong communication skills
- Ability to take and follow directions, particularly concerning regulatory needs and expectations
- Willingness to move about throughout your shift/on your feet for all duties
- Working a quick pace
- Self-starters with positive attitudes
- Small business environment with high need for collaboration
- 20% Employee Discount at all DROUGHT shops
- 15% Employee Discount at Carhartt Detroit shop
- Paid Orientation & Training
- 3-Day Juice Cleanse Incentives
- Birthday Incentives
- Health & Wellness Programs
Submit resumes to JOBS@DROUGHTJUICE.COM
Panther James, LLC, dba DROUGHT provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, DROUGHT complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
DROUGHT expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of DROUGHT’s employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.