RETAIL SALES ASSOCIATE
Positions are available at: Woodward North and Bloomfield
Thoughtfully sell all DROUGHT products at our brick-and-mortar stores
DROUGHT is a small metro-Detroit based business. This is a unique position for someone seeking to swiftly achieve personal career growth goals, and therefore will help our team of owners and executives grow our Employee Experience department.
- Learn and master extensive product knowledge — our customers rely on you to give them accurate information regarding our product!
- Consistently seek new avenues for product knowledge and articulately deliver the information to our customers
- Greet customers and provide an exceptional customer service experience. Must be able to answer all inquiries regarding the benefits of our products and discover each customer’s needs
- Responsible for opening and closing the shops; count cash registers, answer phones and take phone orders as needed
- Cleanliness is extremely important. Maintains a clean working environment and insure presentation of product and shop is consistent to standard
- Possesses working knowledge of the benefits of all product and cleanses
- Positively and proactively handle customer concerns
- Must have held the Retail Sales Associate position with proven, thoughtful product knowledge
- Series of positive employee evaluations from ownership and management
- Ability to professionally evaluate employee’s performance during, and after, the training process
- Ability to professionally coach team members to improve performance and make recommendations for additional training
- Open, full-time availability
- The Lead Retail Trainer must be able to train newly hired employee with outlined training criteria in 5 training shift
Opportunity for Growth! Become a Retail Trainer!
All Retail Sales Associates have the opportunity for advancement! After successful completion of training and demonstrated knowledge of all aspects of DROUGHT retail, Retail Sales Associates may have the opportunity to become a Retail Trainer.
Retail Trainers will use their experience as a Retail Sales Associate and extensive product knowledge to reinforce company policies and practices to effectively train new and existing Retail Sales Associates. The mentorship role of this position is vital to the continued success of DROUGHT’s brand and mission.
Retail Trainer Wage: $13 – $16/hour – Full-Time
What We Are Looking For
- 3+ year of retail experience required
- MUST HAVE OPEN AVAILABILITY OF THE FOLLOWING SHIFTS: Monday – Friday (7am – 1pm; 1pm – 7pm), Saturday (9am-6pm), Sunday (9am – 5pm).
- Maintain positive outlook and professional demeanor while supporting DROUGHT’s vision and mission
- Promotes positive working environment through effective communication amongst peers, management, and ownership
- Ability to hold articulate conversations with our customers
- Self-starters with positive attitudes. Maintain the operation as if it were your own
- Must have reliable transportation
- This job duty is classified as medium with constant standing and walking around the shop
- Lifting and carrying items up to 26 – 50 lbs (up to 33% of the time)
- Frequent twisting/turning and reaching above shoulders
- Occasional pushing/pulling, squatting, crawling/kneeling, balancing, repetitive hand/wrist motions, and forearm rotation
- No sitting (unless resting in between customers), running, jumping, climbing, nor driving