Job Type: Full-time | Salary: $28,000 – $33,000/yr
A Key Luminary will effectively mentor and supervise new and existing retail employees, in addition to upholding all duties expected of Luminaries.
Key Luminaries lead by example using their experience and extensive product knowledge to uphold company policies and practices.
- Monitor and evaluate all aspects of designated DROUGHT retail locations, including, but not limited to: cleanliness, dry good inventory levels, the coordination of necessary maintenance or repairs, and other duties as determined by ROM and Ownership
- Conduct regular audits of dry good inventory and quality control documents
- Professionally evaluate the performance of Luminaries and offer constructive feedback; exhibit an attitude of “your success is my success”
- Contribute to Employee Performance Evaluations; report employee misconduct to ROM and EEC, participate in recommended improvement plans
- Maintain constant communication with ROM and EEC regarding employee relations
- Provide meaningful training to newly hired and existing employees while, simultaneously, ensuring all training material is current and relevant
- Create, submit, and manage knowledge assets; monitor in-store Communication Boards, ensuring that content is up-to-date and relevant
- Continuously lead by example; maintain a positive professional attitude on a daily basis—“how you do one thing is how you do everything”
- Maintain constant communication with ROM, EEC, AND ROA on the progression of newly hired employees and their performance throughout the training period
- Create and publish employee schedules for designated region with the approval of ROA; monitor changes in the schedule and communicate overtime concerns
- Respond in emergency scenarios in accordance with company EAPs as the designated on-site official
- Respond to new and existing staff inquiries regarding training material, operations, and procedures; act as a resource for the Retail Department
- Support the overall implementation of new or updated company policies
- Contribute to the constant betterment of existing operations based on new product information and technology
What We Are Looking For
- Must understand all aspects of DROUGHT’s mission and purpose
- Must have held the Luminary position and demonstrated proven, thoughtful product knowledge
- Receive a series of positive employee evaluations from ownership and management and minimal points issuance; establish a reputation for going above and beyond and being a consummate team player
- Exhibit strong communication skills; an ability to professionally coach team members to improve performance
- Possess strong technical writing skills; proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite and GoogleDocs
- Open, full-time availability; Key Luminary must be willing to be on-call in case of emergencies, conflicting or changing schedules
- Must have reliable transportation
- This job duty is classified as medium with constant standing and walking around the shop
- Lifting and carrying items up to 26 – 50 lbs (up to 33% of the time)
- Frequent twisting/turning and reaching above shoulders
- Occasional driving, pushing/pulling, squatting, crawling/kneeling, balancing, repetitive hand/wrist motions, and forearm rotation
- No sitting (unless resting in between customers), running, jumping, nor climbing
DROUGHT promotes thoughtfully living well. DROUGHT’s specialty is premium organic fruit and vegetable juice; simply put, unadulterated beverage perfection. We recognize how challenging it can be to consume adequate amounts of nutrients and have found the age-old practice of juicing to be the most accessible and simple solution to combat chronic undernourishment. DROUGHT is carefully sourced, pressed, packaged and distributed with supreme respect to our Midwestern roots in Detroit, Michigan. Our company is supported substantially by Michigan-grown produce, local suppliers, vendors and most importantly — our employees.
Panther James, LLC, dba DROUGHT provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, DROUGHT complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training. DROUGHT expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of DROUGHT’s employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.